HORSE MAKEOVER - snowy white



I first saw Snowy at a vintage market and it was love at first sight. He had two missing ears, a tail that was falling off, a bad paint job, and a cracked leg. I turned to GG and said "he needs me"












Here he is on the day he came home, he was quite shy.

 


*****************************************




REPAIRS
The ears were going to be tricky to fix so I took some time to
 think on it. Meanwhile I fixed his leg with screws and glued
 his tail back in place.


PAINTING
I made new ears with some leather and glue them on. I re-
painted from top to bottom in a new color scheme. I choose
 burgundy and aqua and used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint to 
achieve the look. 


HIS NAME
I then did a two step process to get the end result I wanted. 
First I dark waxed from head to hoof (he's 2ft tall) and then
I white washed. That is when he got his name, Snowy.

 

For ideas on how to white wash check these links:



He is riding high in our bedroom these days,
and I gave him one of my star garlands to wrap 
around his neck.



*******************************************
now has my white star garlands available for sale 
image 0 image 0 image 0 
      CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR MORE INFORMATION
*******************************************

Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware