NEW FRONT STAIRS - the wasps made me do it






I was dragging a piece of furniture up our front stairs when all of a sudden I was swarmed.




This was the state our front stairs had got to over the years.
The hand rails were splintering and the posts were rotten.
Then one day in the not to distant past a swarm of wasps
moved in without asking and built a nest under the open
 stairs. It looked very much like this next picture.

source

Along I came banging up the steps with a nightstand in tow.
 Which they didn't like so they swarmed and I ran, but I
 left the nightstands to fend them off. We have a lot of wasps
 out here in the country so I knew to let them cool off before
 going back. I eventually took care of them with a can of bug 
killer and I used a big knife to cut the nest down. The 
problem came when they returned week later and the whole
episode happened again. And I was the one on the stairs 
being swarmed again. These guys were resourceful

****************************************************************




Well I was going to be more resourceful and decided to close
 in the stairs. And I might as well tear out the old railings
and build new ones while I am at it. They were probably 
using the old wood to build their nest anyway.



Quite an improvement eh,
and I am not finished yet. More to come ....


 ********************************************

Stop into FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE to see
if we have any vintage hardware for your next project. 

      
  
CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR MORE INFORMATION
    
  
CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR MORE INFORMATION



Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware