MY GREEK COLUMN SOFA TABLE - build with old bed posts



WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE LOOK LIKE?
What can I say about my most favorite piece of furniture. I use it every single day, and it couldn't be more me.  I built it with salvaged furniture parts.





Here is one of the main ingredients.
I picked up these heavy bed posts from the road side. 
wasn't sure what my plan was. Maybe turn them into lamps.
 Once home I stashed them in my wood tent.


I frequently walk through my tent looking for parts and one
 day weeks later the idea popped into my head as I passed by
some posts ... I could use them to make a SOFA TABLE

So I started searching through the tent for something to use
for the top and bottom of the table. I found a super old 1920's
dining table top that had most of the veneer removed.

To see read more about that: how to remove veneer 


I only used half of the dining table top, part for the 
base and part for the top of my new table.
I cut the posts flat on the MITRE Saw and screwed
them to the base from underneath.

****************************************


I created aprons for the base with other reclaimed parts from
 the tableI used another piece of wood (like a 2x4) to go
 from the top of one post to the other. I screwed it into the
 posts from the top down then screwed
that to the bottom of the tabletop.

****************************************




When GG got home from work the day I finished it,
he didn't recognized any of the parts I had used.


What do you think of my custom sofa table?
It's painted with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in a 50/50 old white pure white mix. I work on this waxed surface every day.

 

 



*******************************************
FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE 
vintage hardware 


image 0 image 0 image 0
  CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR DETAILS
      CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR DETAILS
     

*************************************


Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware