BUILDING LITTLE BOXES - recycling Christmas cards




The first time I made one of these boxes I was small, and I have
never stopped. They are perfect for hiding small presents in, or safely storing small ornaments while packed away for the year. They can also
be used for an advent calendar, hiding a small treat inside and hung from many different places in your home.






Most of us have old Christmas cards that could be recycled and if not your local thrift store probably is selling some.
The pattern I am working with is a two part one so I can have
 the picture on all sides of my box. A one part pattern will use
 a lot of the blank back side of most standard sized Christmas
cards, but a one piece pattern is great to use on larger card stock.




I trace my pattern on my card face adjusting it to use up the image.



Next I make creases and folds where they are needed before
applying glue to the tabs to start putting the box together.


  

I hole punch the back side so the box can be hung from a string or ribbon.
More on that in a minute.



I glued ALL the the bottom flaps in place, but it is not 
always necessary. One is sufficient most of the time.



Here is my little box almost finished.
The last thing I did was to add a ribbon to hang it up.

  


I tied a loose fat knot that would not fit through the hole I punched.
It feeds through the hole from the inside of the box, loop end first.



A ready made pattern can be downloaded here - 


GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR HOLIDAY PROJECTS



********************************
Advertisement
vintage switch plates
 vintage hardware



Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware