OLD HARDWARE FIND IN A SMALL TOWN BASEMENT - white bedside tables






I found these handles in a home in a small Eastern
Canadian town. I was helping out by upgrading
some existing hardware on the main floor of the 
home and had spied these while I was looking 
for a tool in the basement. The cabinet they were
on was old and not being use. The handles were
bent and damaged and some falling apart. When
everything was all said and done I was more
than happy to get these handles in exchange for
the work I had done.




Here is a close up of the tin pressed plates and decorative forge
 swing handles after I gave them a scrubbing with warm soapy water.


I added them to a pair of pretty white bedsides.


I painted these bedsides with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint
in a 50/50 mix of old white and pure white.
They were edge distressed with 220 grit sand paper
and hand waxed with Annie Sloan clear wax




BEFORE             &            AFTER

The inside of the drawers were also lined with
a pretty blue and white floral wallpaper.





********************************************

Have you stopped into firstfinds hardware store lately?
Here are just some of the items available for your projects.


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner



Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware