REPLACING THE BACK ON A CABINET

 
I often have to build or change the back on cabinets and shelving units with newer wood. Most of the
 time I don't have large enough pieces of good wood to accomplish this so I have to use smaller
pieces of reclaimed wood to cover the backs.
 
 
This cabinet was no different. I wanted to use three salvaged drawer bottoms to cover the
 back but only one area was the right size to use these pieces but that wouldn't stop me.
The boards were wide enough but not tall enough to cover the larger opening.
 
 
I took a reclaimed pine board and cut it to fit across the inside of the larger opening to divide the
space so two drawer bottoms could be used. The pine divider board was secured in place with screws.
 
 
 
I trimmed the salvaged drawer bottoms with a sharp box knife to fit perfectly.

 
Here are all three boards nailed in place filling in the back of the cabinet.
 
 
And remember the inside ...
 
 
 
 





Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware