HOW TO MAKE A FRENCH VANITY




The beginning of my week started with rolling an art deco vanity into my workroom.







The plan was to take it apart and make a pair of nightstands.
 I even took some photos of different angles to show you how
 I was going to do it, thus this sideways before photo.
I hummed and hawed for a while before committing to the
 deconstructions because I really liked the pair of drawers in
 the middle. It's an unusual characteristic of these pieces.





I had the right size legs to make it tall enough to sit at and I
 could reused the wood that was originally on the bottom to
 make new back legs, so I choose to save it. Below, you can
 see the faded area where I stole the wood from to make the back leg.



She's been painted in a creamy white and soft pink. I have a
 very specific recipe for the pink if you want to use it. I started
 with a quarter can of ASCP Old White, a single drop of
 Emperor's Silk, and 3 drops of Coco. ASCP are very strongly
 pigmented especially the red so be cautious.

   

  
 

   

To read about how I add legs click here: 

*******************************************

Stop into FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE to see
if we have any vintage hardware for your next project.

CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR MORE INFORMATION
       
CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR MORE INFORMATION  
       


Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware