SPRING FLING DRESSER

 


This dresser was named the Spring Fling because of the soft colors used to finish it and it was spring time when I was painting it. It was originally a road side find. 




Many of the drawers were in pieces
 and the top drawer was completely missing. We asked to leave our number in case the missing
 parts could be found. Luckily we did get a call to pick up the missing drawer and what a pretty
 drawer it was. Now the work had to start to get all the drawers put back together and working right.

I used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Florence mixed with Pure White for the base of the body.
I used the same color mix on several other pieces to decorate my summer deck space:

All the details in the face of the drawers was original and I just followed the lines while hand
painting the details. I used a white on many of the flat raised areas and green in the grooved lines.
Be brave when hand painting your furniture.


I used small artist brushes and sometimes went out of the lines. It's okay to color outside
of the lines. Confidence is the key to trying things you are uncomfortable with and always try to
use a guide to help you along the way. Maybe it is an already existing design like I have followed, or
you can try using a projectors to trace an image on your furniture.

*******************************************




Check out some other hand painted pieces I have pinned for great tips and ideas:


********************************
Advertisement
vintage switch plates
 vintage hardware



Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware