INSTALLING DRAWER HANDLES without measuring




Sometimes even measuring you can get it wrong. Let me share how I install most of my handles on furniture.




To start with I fill the original holes and paint.
HOW TO FILL HOLES:


Here is a look at the handles I chose.
My secret to success is knowing where the original holes
were. No matter how great a job I do filling in, there
is always the tiniest evidence I can see.


I use these points as my reference marks to position the new
 handle in a true position. Standing directly over the drawer
 looking down helps a great deal.


Take your time and once you have your spot picked,
I put pressure on the handle and rock it back and forth.



This will leave small marks in the paint,
reference points for you to drill.



Most handles have a small threaded collar that goes into
 the front of the drawer. Make sure to check your drill size
 by comparing it to this threaded collar.


*****************************************

Drill one side slowly and brush away the sawdust before checking your fit.



Then double check your mark on the other side is in the right place.
It's like measuring twice and cutting once, plz double check!!



If for some reason you were off by an 1/8 of an inch it can
 become a problem. It is fixable but if you check twice you
 won't have to email me for the solution.



Time to drill the second hole.





Screw the new handle in place.



Start all over for the next drawer.


You can always follow along on 
where you get sneak peaks of what I am up to.

*****************************************
home of the vintage hardware

I am always working hard to keep a great selection of switch
 plates listed and ready to ship out when a buyer needs one. 
CLICK THIS PHOTO TO FIND YOURS:


We have thousands of vintage pulls ready when you are looking for your projects.
CLICK ON THIS PHOTO TO START YOUR SEARCH:



 image 0 image 0 image 0
*******************************************

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner


Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware