NO MORE PLAIN PINE CHEST - another applique


I have offered how to use copper 
wall plaques as appliques, plastic 
garden fencemetal mirror frame, and now I'm suggesting
you stop walking by those ornate metal napkin holders you see in the
thrift store and try using them on 
your next project. Or at least buy 
them and stash them until you can 
use them.





When I use metal for appliques I pre drill small holes for finishing nails to secure them to my project.

BEFORE                                             AFTER  

I changed the hardware from a single middle handle on each drawer to two vintage oval pulls.
Everything is painted in a distressed creamy white and finished with a nice silky wax and buffing.


See how the curve of the leg continues at the end of the wood applique and with the circular
handles these are the little touches that change the shape of simple furniture.





Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware