ANNIE SLOAN CHALK PAINT INFO - west coast desk





I first heard about Annie Sloan Chalk Paint while on vacation in Florida 2 years earlier. It took a while for ASCP to get here, but as soon as it arrived I purchased a can and tried it right away.






*********  I WAS SKEPTICAL!  **********

As the word was spreading about this magic paint on-line and
 with bloggers I was then receiving emails asking if I had tried
 it and what I thought. It was now my responsibility to offer
 my honest feed back as soon as I could.

Well I have been using Annie Sloan Chalk Paint for almost 2
 years now. Since then I thought I had raved about the paint
 and everyone knew I used it, however I still get asked what
 brand of paint I use to achieve these wonderful finishes.
From the first day
 I tried Annie Sloan Chalk Paint I left behind regular latex
 paints and primers. So for those of you who know all 
about the paint please bear with me while I make another 
attempt at raving loud and proud about this fabulous product
 for those who are still new to ASCP.


Official information directly from Annie Sloan

Chalk Paint® is a unique decorative paint developed by
 Annie Sloan in 30 decorative and historical colors made
 specifically for painting furniture, painting floors, and for
 giving walls a completely matt, velvety finish.

When Annie Sloan developed her signature range of decorative paint, Chalk Paint®, in 1990, she revolutionized the way we see decorative painting. She
 called her paint Chalk Paint® because of its velvety, matt 
finish. And if you add Annie Sloan Soft Wax, you can achieve
 subtle sheen as well as protection and durability.

Chalk Paint® sticks to just about any surface... wood,
concrete, metal, matt plastic, earthenware and much more, 
inside and outside the home. It dries fast too so you can add 
second or third coats quickly, and start enjoying your
revitalized walls, floors and furniture sooner. Gorgeous 
results have never been so simple and straightforward.



My official interpretation:
This paint is sooo much fun to use and extremely versatile.
Did you notice that little *R* in a circle right after the words
 CHALK PAINT?
That's a registered trademark. It was developed over 20 years
 ago in the UK with standing the test of time and Annie's 
children, which adds to my confident using it on projects.
And it really does stick to just about everything. I haven't 
shown you yet but I painted the front face of our harvest gold
 bathtub last August and it's holding up just like the day I did 
it. In the time I have been working with ASCP I haven't even
 scratch the surface of all the ideas, colors, and projects
 I want to attempt with this paint.





I enjoy the creative process of building and refurbishing 
furniture so in reality the painting is the final  step to what I 
like to do and having a product that is so fun and easy to use
 is a blessing. I tend to use a lot of Annie Sloan's white 
paint because in these here parts everyone is still 
wanting their own little piece of shabby chic furniture, but as
 time goes by I look forward to painting with all of the colors available.

 

Recently I purchased a new to me color, FRENCH LINEN 
and used it along with Pure White on this thrift store desk. It
 reminds me of our west coast decor style, classic, subtle, and organic.

***********************************



I added 4 heavy smooth black iron pulls and 1 fancy iron pull 
on the center drawer. She also rides on mini vintage casters
 and has a good size chair opening for this style of desk.




 The top of the desk was stripped and stained with my all 
time favorite stain color, Kona made by Varathane.



If you are interested in seeing ASCP colors in use on different
 projects I have started a pinterest board with photos from all
 over the internet finished in different ASCP colors available:


You can always follow along on INSTAGRAM @4_the_love_of_wood
where you get sneak peaks of what I am up to.

*******************************************
Stop into FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE to see all the
vintage hardware we have available for your next project.


image 0 image 0 image 0
  CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR DETAILS
*************************************

Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware