SCROLLED WOOD WORK - Parlour Table




Okay this post can't wait any longer. It is long over due as I finished this table, Parlor Table that is, days ago. However I have lost the before picture. I know there was one taken I have seen it, but do you think I can find it ... NO!
 


So with your imagination think hard about a simple yet dark oak wobbly table. Have you got the image in your mind?
Well it won't work if you keep looking at the nice ornate white one I am showing you. Close your eyes and think hard.


I painted it in old, distressed the edges, and waxed it with Minwax.



But before doing all the pretty stuff I had to make the table
 strong and stable again. I tightened every joint possible with
 clamps and glue but it still shifted to and fro,
and it needed a little character added.



That's where the fancy bits come in.
The scrolled wood work you see at the back
stabilized the shifting and took a ho hum piece of furniture
and made it attractive. My scrolled wood work was purchased
 while on a road trip into the US, and it was a second hand
 find and I still have 2 more of them to play with. Maybe one
 day I will get a scroll saw and try my hand at creating these
 lovely designs.



As you can see I didn't stop there, I also cut up some more of
 those plastic wall decorations to add some ornate details
at the front edges of both shelves.




Stop in to see what's new in shabby chic white hardware available at firstfinds.
There are over 1000 pieces of used hardware to choose from







Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware