WHAT IS A DOERNBECHER - shabby chic white desk




I found a Doernbecher that needed my help.



BEFORE

Doernbecher was a furniture manufacturing company
 established by Frank Silas Doernbecher in Portland Oregon
 from 1900 until WWII.
My desk was in horrible shape when I found it, but I slowly
 rebuilt all the missing parts and gave her new hardware. 
She was painted in a creamy white distressed finish.








**********************************************************







You can find more side by side BEFORE & AFTER photo here.


I found this note on-line that I thought you may enjoy.
*************************************************************************

My step-grandfather started working for Mr.Doernbecher when he was nine years of age. The factory had just been built and put into operation. My grampa started as a sander which meant that he worked twelve hours a day for six days a week. He made 50 cents a day. When he retired at age 45 he was the superintendent of the finishing department and one of the highest paid employees of the company. He had made enough money working there that he never had to work another day in his life.

**************************************************************************

If this man started when the factory opened and continued to
 be there until he retired, the likely hood that he touched this
 desk is huge.


******************************************************************************

Stop into FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE to see
if we have any vintage hardware for your next project.

CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR MORE INFORMATION
       
CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR MORE INFORMATION  

       

Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware