ROBIN'S EGG BLUE - vintage side table


  
  I spent a nice quite afternoon
  on my deck tinkering away
  at this little table.





The top was loose so I re-glued and nailed it back in place.
Then stripped, sanded, and primed it in white. I did not remove
all the original paint, I wanted high and low spots to play with the
 distressing process.






The color I used was Robin's Egg Blue,
just a small tube of craft paint over the white primer.


The inside of the drawer was primed then
painted in a darker turquoise.




Then I had fun sanding all the imperfections, to make them perfect!
I really do like distressing paint. I chose to hand sand rather then 
use an electric sanded. It offers more control and I don't think the 
swirl marks left my an electric sander look very realistic.


Finally finished it off with a single bright white flower knob.


BEFORE    &       AFTER


Pin It Now!

18 comments:

  1. Nice! I really like the color. I've been playing around with a similar shade of blue. The knob is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Its so dreamy! I am so friggin jealous of your talent girl! I might have to pick this one up if its around when I get home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great little table . i love the color
    sooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color and the shape of that little jewel is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful little romantic table.
    Fab colour.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet little table in a great color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ribin's Egg Blue is such a pretty color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How darling!! I love the color. I love little projects like this, they're so satisfying :)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is too cute! I have some blue spray paint, fingers crossed whatever I end up doing with it will turn out as awesome

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh... my favorite color! Love what you did with that sweet little table :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great little shape and one of my favourite colours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the color, visiting from BNOTP, your transformations are great and tutorials as well..Happy I found you..[also Canadian but from the opposite coast]. Smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for becoming my 400th follower! I will email you about sending some hand crocheted dish cloths to you. I will also be having a followers giveaway in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, visiting from BNOTP. I love the color you chose for the table and the table itself is super cute. J

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great little table. I love nightstand redos and your is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE this table...you did an awesome job!!!!

    I found this post at DIY by Design's Swing into Spring Party.

    I am definitely a new follower and will be going back through your older posts to see what else you've done :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love it! I really like that color. Thanks for sharing! I am your newest follower. I hope you can visit me sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  18. very pretty color. Thanks for linking this to Wicked Awesome Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU ALL!