RED FURNITURE PROJECTS - painted vintage furniture






It's December and all I can think about is decorating more and more with red and white and tinkle lights. It also makes me think of all the furniture pieces I have painted in red over time.





The first piece of vintage furniture I ever did in red, was a
 vintage radio cabinet. The inspiration for it was was a mirror
 I had found done in red with a delicate white pin stripe on
 the frame. The toughest part of this project was stripping all
 the guts out of the old cabinet, so be warned.


*******************************************

Another red project I did was a beat up old 3 drawer.
 And I had so much fun working on that one.
The top and sides were made of old plywood and I knew there was no way to cover vintage plywood graining with paint successfully. So I come up with a way to work with it.


I painted the dresser black first, then red, then sanding it back
till the black came through. The sanding highlighted the grain of the plywood and made it a wonderful feature.
The hardware I used was from on a curb side 70's dresser,
perfect for this rustic red barn dresser.



And then came 2 large antique buffets.
Both were painted with ASCP in Emperor's Silk

 

I also painted this large chest of drawers with a country red with a warn finish.



You can always follow along on INSTAGRAM @4_the_love_of_wood
where you get sneak peaks of what I am up to.


*******************************************
FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE 
vintage hardware for your next project


image 0  image 0image 0  
    CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR DETAILS
*************************************

Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware