HOW TO CREATE FARMHOUSE NIGHTSTANDS - new wood tops





I had some left over rustic wood from a coffee table project so I decided to put it to good use and created a farmhouse look for these nightstands.







More on legs - https://bit.ly/2kS9MVT


More on spraying chalk paint - https://bit.ly/2ZZbKpT



They were spray painted with ASCP in Chicago Grey and then
 a butter creme color mixed using AS Original and AS Arles.
The pictures don't show the buttery color very true.


The cabinets were hand sanded with 180 grit sand paper to
 create this edge distressed look and show some of the grey.


The original tops were removed and I built new surfaces with
 vintage reclaimed lumber I had. They have been well banged
 up over time. I smoothed all the edges and washed the
 surface in AS Chicago Grey. Once dried I lightly dragged
 some AS dark wax over the surface to enhance the wood.
The final step was to do a thick and thorough layer of AS clear wax. 


BEFORE                       AFTER


I dipped into my private stash of hardware for these nightstands.
These ring pulls have an aged coppery/gold finish.

*************************************






The tops are different tones and each have their own character.



 INSTAGRAM @4_the_love_of_wood


*******************************************
FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE
vintage hardware


image 0 image 0 image 0
  CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR DETAILS
*************************************

Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware