DECORATING FOR SPRING WITH COLOR - sofa makeover




I haven't been able to wait for spring so I went ahead and decorate for it in our living room. I started by adding color to the walls and highlighting the colors of this  vintage sofa we got.




Over the winter we found this wonderful vintage sofa. We
had a tiny bit of extra space after Christmas so I was happy to
welcome her into our home. The fabric is chenille and it is in
 surprisingly good shape. In the future it could be
 reupholstered if needed but for now we adore it as is.

To read about our mini drawers: https://bit.ly/2ucoz2o


I painted the dark wood frame with Annie Sloan Whites.
The magic of paint really shows on these pieces. This is our
second vintage couch and each of them only took a small
 amount of paint to change the whole feel.
****************************




I brush painted the wood frame with a small artist's brush
 and it took three coats. I did 2 coats of Pure White in one
 evening and the top coat in Old White the next morning.
A few days later I wet distressed the paint with a kitchen
 scrubbie sponge. To date it has not been waxed.

To learn about wet distressing: https://bit.ly/2unPyIw


I created the art by nailing magazines right to the wall using a
couple of finishing nails per.  I had fun creating it and we enjoy
the color it has brought into the room at an inexpensive cost.


*******************************************
Stop into FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE to see all the
vintage hardware we have available for your next project.


also has hundreds of switch plates to choose from
image 0  image 0  image 0
*******************************************


Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware