VINTAGE BOTTLE LABELS - print your own labels at home




I bought a pair of little bottles with
french labels at a vintage market. The
labels were printed on a home PC and
glued on the bottles. I love them in the
bathroom but noticed after a bit of
time that the shower steam had started
to make the paper bubble and lift. 
What to do?






To protect the labels better in the bathroom I decided to use
 some laminating paper. This is an item that I always have on
 hand because it is so useful for many projects.


I cut a piece of the laminate a little bigger than the label,
about a quarter inch. As you can see this brand has nice
 grid lines on the back to help you cut straight lines.


I carefully pulled the original label off the bottle (above)
then removed the backing/grid paper from my cut piece of
 laminate.


And carefully I centered the laminate over the label and stuck
 them together. Then I centered the new laminated label over 
the bottle and stuck it back in place.

 You could laminate right over the original label without
 lifting it but for me I wanted to clean off the old glue underneath.


There is not a great deal of difference in the look but the
 project only takes a few minutes to protect your personalized
 labels from getting damp and possibly damaged.


****************************


Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware