OMBRE DRESSER FOR TODDLER with tips & turquoise


Do you want to paint an Ombre dresser? Have you ever wondered why
it's called Ombre? I will help answer some of these questions and offer tips I learned while creating my Ombre dresser for a little family member.









Ombré in French translates to *shadow or shade* 
It is the gradual blending of one color hue to another,
usually moving tints and shades from light to dark.

It has become popular in home decorating and I think
 the painted Ombre looks really good on mid-century dressers.

   


TIP:
Map out your colors before starting to paint.

This ombre project wasn't hard to do but I found it tricky to
 figure out where each color should start and stop. What 
I mean by that is what color goes on what divider, or should 
the drawer color go on the side panels or should it be white.
 To answer a lot of my own questions I referred to online
 photos of dressers already painted in an Ombre theme. I 
took notes of what I did and didn't like and mapped out my 
plan from there. Everyone's dresser will be different so 
starting with a plan will definitely help.


To create the different shades of color I worked with ASCP
 Florence and Pure White. The principle I worked with was
 to start at the bottom with the strongest color and work
 my way up mixing more white into the last color I used.

 TIP:
I made sure I had full coverage on each
drawer before changing the paint's color
to a lighter shade
*****************************************



Unfortunately I didn't like my color graduation. It wasn't
 strong enough through the middle of the dresser so I took
 another run at it. (see below photo)
first attempt

I moved drawer 4 up one, making it drawer 3.
Took the original drawer 3 and repainted it much darker for
 the bottom spot, drawer 4. Did you follow that? 

Here is the finial look ...


As long as you have a nice paint job on the dresser's outer 
body you can repaint the drawers as much as you want and
 have fun with it, and most importantly don't be afraid.

I hope my tips can encourage you to give it a try.

for more Ombre inspiration 

********************************************

Stop into FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE and see
if we have any shabby chic white hardware for your next project.

 
 
 
 
 



Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware