BEFORE AND AFTER - grey cabinet reveal






Many of our grandmothers had a glass doored cabinet
in their homes like the one I found at Value Village.
I can remember pressing my face against the glass
to see my Gram's English tea cups sitting on the
shelves inside. My friend's grandmother was
Hungarian and they had lots of Czechoslovakian
crystal on display behind glass doors.










BEFORE                   AFTER

This cabinet was handmade made probably by someone's Grandad but in my hands it was going to
 get an update. I started by framing the bottom with a thick wood molding and added 4 cabriole legs.


I applied a paisley foil paper to the backer board on this cabinet and painted the interior
with Annie Sloan Paris Grey. The handles are an industrial style reclaimed pull and the
drawer was lined with a white wallpaper.




MORE DETAILS:

click this link for a video on how I created the silver grey driftwood finish:
http://4theloveofwood.blogspot.ca/2015/02/driftwood-finish-how-to-video.html

and the tutorial for the diy graphics on glass can be read here:
http://4theloveofwood.blogspot.ca/2015/02/diy-graphics-on-glass-tutorial.html







Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware