NO SEW BED SKIRT - my french bedroom




Two more areas of our new French Country
bedroom I haven't shared yet are GG's bedside
and the bed itself. This room is all about using
unique found pieces I love to make an oasis.
I have also offered an insight to how I built
our bed.











GG's bedside cabinet isn't that different from mine and they stand much higher than a
normal bedside.We are both very happy with them and they have great storage.
They are painted in a creamy white AS Chalk Paint and distressed.
You can see a before pic of the nightstand cabinets here


The mirror on his bedside is a vintage tri fold mirror left over
from a vanity project I worked on years ago. The mirror has arms down the back
that are screwed directly to the cabinet making it one piece.
To see my bedside click here:


The wall art is a true vintage fabric flour sack I found & purchased at a yard sale.
I also found the frame I put it in at another yard sale.
The whole thing cost less than $5 and I smile every time I see it.
I have never found that feeling from something with a sticker on it saying *made in China*


You can see how I built this bed frame below. This frame supports a box spring storage
box and is built on a slight angle with the head being a few inches higher for our TV watching.
The legs are 4x4 posts that will slide on the floor when I need to move the bed. The space under the 
frame is one of our most valuable storage areas in the house. The summer fans and our golf bags
have to fit under the bed.


My headboard attaches to the wall not the frame and I prefer it with the straight side at the top.
But I can always change my mind if I like.


MY NO SEW BED SKIRT ....
Because I have a storage box spring a conventional bed skirt wouldn't work.
I made my bed skirt from 6 yard sale curtain panels and a staple gun.
They were 100% cotton tab top curtains. I divided the width in half and torn them length wise.
The frayed edge was the look I wanted at the bottom. The top edge which was the finished
edge was gathered and stapled to my wood bedframe all the way around.
If you were a sewer you could use velcro.


You can see more of our French Country Bedroom here:




********************************************

Have you stopped into firstfinds hardware store lately?
Here are just some of the items available for your projects.








Pin It Now!

1 comment:

THANK YOU ALL!