MAKING THE PERFECT GIFT WITH CHINA - sis's birthday


For Birthdays and Special occasions I like giving hand made gifts.
Sometimes it's a candle that George made, sometimes it's something I made.
For my sister's Birthday this year I made her a gift using vintage china.
 
My sister's birthday runs very close to Mother's day so we celebrated
with everyone over a lovely dinner at her home.
 
 
My sister's name is Holly and she does read my blog so everyone plz say HI!
That's her below with Scooby, aka my bro in law.
 
 
She likes Halloween as much as I do and she also enjoys being creative with her baking.
 


She especially enjoys making cupcakes, so I chose to make her a cupcake display platter.
 
 
I used a gorgeous vintage pink floral plate made in England and a modern glass pillar candle holder.
Both purchased second hand. I adhered the two together with a 2 part epoxy.
 The same kind of glue worked for the plate on plates I display in my kitchen.
 
 
Sometimes I love the design on the edge of a plate but the center is too plain, too scratched up, or simply too boring to use on the wall so I find a smaller complementary plate and glue it in the middle.
 
 
Neat huh! Yard Saling is my favorite place to find single pieces of beautiful china
and a lot of other great finds.
 
Last weeks garage sales brought this little table and ornate frame to me to be repaired and painted.
 
 


Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Holly!!!
    Hugs from Montreal ( and loving that cupcake holder Kristi! )
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Holly-greetings from WI. It's obvious by your gorgeous baking products that the talent gene runs in your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! And..Hi Holly, Happy Birthday, from John and Joanne at Second Chance Furnishings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! And..Hi Holly, Happy Birthday, from John and Joanne at Second Chance Furnishings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holly, hope you had a fabulous birthday - we know you have a very talented sister!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU ALL!