HEDWIG - shabby chic shopping


Tomorrow is my birthday, I'll be 29 again, okay 40 something
 and I know as soon as I tell you it's my birthday many of you will be
so kind and send birthday wishes so to thank you in adavance
I flew all the way from Vancouver to Florida to bring you all a very rare treat.


There is a hidden jewel of a shop in St. Petersburg Florida that you all
would love to visit but because you can't I have brought it to you.



Greeting you on the side walk is a magical life size rabbit dressed in his best party clothes
sitting upon a cow hide upholstered french settee.
I said RARE!


Upon entering this magical place you start to see the most wonderful
pieces of furniture painted in white.



Forget any worldly concerns you might have because
everything you see is surely here to ensure a journey into a fantasy land.



During your visit you start to notice all the amazing upholstered
chairs finished in a variety of fabrics including vintage chenilles and quilted florals. 



Trimmed in pink and accent by the designs of the original fabrics
these chairs make you rethink a small corner of your own world.





Vignettes abound everywhere you look.


Including this miniature scene contained in a little box,


and the most cozy and inviting bed.


Many more pictures of this wonderful place can be seen
from a previous visit here.


Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. The chenille chairs are great and it does make me rethink my chairs, but I've been doing that lately.

    Happy Bday. My husband has anniversaries of his 30th birthday, and my mother in law always says she is "plenty-nine".

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi George and Kristy;
    Looks like you guys are having a great time! I'm so jealous of that little shop! It's so inspiring. Trent and I are heading off to Phoenix in April and I'll be visiting my own favorite little vintage shop...I can hardly wait!I'll have to do a post on it...Anyway,
    Happy Birthday Kristy - hope you have a great day! Maybe George can bring you some flowers lol.
    See you when you get back...I'm coming over for wine.
    Elisa
    home sweet nest

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 40 something birthday!!!! I am having a happy 40 something birthday next weekend!

    That shop looks adorable, and no wonder you love it, it looks like you could have done every piece in there yourself! So glad you are having fun. -K

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy to have found your blog! I live in St. Pete and shop often in Hedwig! Her shop is like falling into another world - one filled with romance and beauty. I've blogged about her shop too and I am so glad that you have shared her shop with your followers. I just purchased a vintage french dining set this weekend and found your blog searching for tips on reupholstering. I've saved you in my favorites and will be back for sure. Your work is so lovely! xo ~ Joy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet place!

    I hope you don't mind if I Pin it. If you do let me know and I will delete it.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU ALL!