I found this set of bunk beds at a yard sale this past weekend.
While we were talking price with the owner,
daddy called my cell to let me know the cost of my motorbike repair.
I have a trials bike but only get to take it out about once a year.
This year's trip is coming up fast, but I'm unsure if I can get away or not.
Needless to say the bike has to be ready regardless, which means a new part.
So while getting the price from daddy, the price for these beds was still up in the air.
I pulled some cash out of my wallet (what I was willing to pay) and handed it to George
to finish the negotiations.
Well before I was off the phone the beds were being loaded into the van.
Now the posts connecters were either missing or broken and only one post finial remained
so they couldn't easily be used as bunkbeds anymore.
I wish I had a room to stage these in, I could have done them up wonderfully.
There were a few cross bars but the supports on the rails were installed,
well we'll just say *badly*
It took a few hours to fix the supports and cut more cross bars, as well as a few other fixes.
Once they were fixed it was just a matter of deglossing, priming, and finally painting.
This pretty pair is currently listed on the AVAILABLE page.
If you are looking for specific information you might like to:
-skim through the topics list at the bottom of this page
-type a key word into the search box on the right hand column