IT WAS HARD TRYING TO BE HER - copy me challenge

I actually started to make 3 vintage signs,
but the direction I was going didn't seem
to be junky enough. I will finish them
one day soon and post the results.
Now to the task at hand ...
 First I searched thru the
*JUNKER's blog* for inspiration.
Voila, there was her ladder shelving.
I can work with that!
Out to the shop I went to get the
old ladder daddy gave me.
 Then to every nook and cranny
in the house to find junk.
 I gots good junk!
For a tutorial of the wine glass hanger go here
 Great Grandpa's WWI canvas army bag
was perfect to hold all those cooking utensils.
 Old brass coat hooks from
the bottom of the junk drawer
make the coffee mugs easily accessible.
 Hardwood flooring transition sitting in the
 hall made the wineglass hangers. I've
wanted to do that project since I first saw it.
It worked perfectly.
 *S* hooks left over from a retail job last year
hook on to a metal support rod of the ladder to
hang these little lanterns.

 An old cigar box, a vintage cigarette tin,
and a rusty metal planter box all help
display the cutlery.
 My favorite is my antique Salter scale, which
is always on display somewhere in the house.
I couldn't resist this touch!
 MADE IN ENGLAND
reminds me of our great Canadian Comedian
Russell Peters doing his stand up route
about the English accent.
For a good laugh go here
The results for me with this challenge is:
I found it hard to be like Funky Junk Donna.


Copy Me Challenge

Pin It Now!

22 comments:

  1. Looks fantastic! Great job and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did real good. I like your junk!! Love the WWII bag the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is so cool! You have major productivity happening with flair I might add. :) I love how the ladder rungs are sectioning off your treasures.

    Nicely done!

    Donna
    http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good use of space... so creative... inspires lots of ideas.

    Thanks for sharing

    Effie

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooh how cool, I want an old ladder! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. good job! very well done!!!!
    smiles, alice

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the scale! I have a ladder outside in my garden covered in mud and snow almost identical to that. I wanted so badly to bring it in for my Funky Junk photo shoot. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it. This would look absolutely perfect in a general store or a rustic restaurant or soup shop! Very nicely done.. Once I can actually get to my back yard shed I'm going to dig out some of the things I have in there and take some hints from you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic job... I especially like that you used sentimental items to create such an interesting shelf... love that everything has a story behind it...and now you have created a few more chapters to their journey.

    Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you did great! Love the glass holders at the top and the scale is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! I have been on a search for a simmilar ladder since I first saw it on Donna's blog. I love what you did with it. I NEED wine glass storage and would love a tutorial on how you made it happen.
    Please stop by my blog I am having a big giveaway.

    :) Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! So many great ideas in one project! I love the cup holders and the canvas bag. Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whoa...you threw a LOT into this project and it turned ouT AWESOME... You did a great job.
    I love your style and just became your newest follower.
    Come see me when you can...
    and yes, it was past hard for me to copy Donna's unique style.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Soooo very creative! Love it! That's going to be so much fun to change around for the different seasons! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  15. For those interested I have posted a tutorial of the wine glass hanger
    http://4theloveofwood.blogspot.com/2011/02/wine-anyone-glass-hanger-tutorial.html
    Thank you to all for your comments and complements!! Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  16. found you on a link party (even though i had nothing to post right now). new follower for sure... laura

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great display of unique art. Love it!

    Take care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  18. HOw did you attach the ladder to the wall? I want to do this too but was trying to figure out how to best attach it to the wall so it doesn't slide down the wall and break everything.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Girl you just solved another problem...I have an old TV unit I am going to turn into a dry bar...and I wanted a cheaper way for hanging wine glasses and you just solved the prob...I would think either Lowes or Home Depot...would have something along this line.Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  20. GORGEOUS! I'd never seen that idea for wine glass holders, but I'll have to do it now!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU ALL!